Reading "The Committed", "They Called You Dambudzo," and "Out of the Dark Night"



These are two books I plan to review in March. I already finished reading They Called You Dambudzo, by Flora Veit-Wild, the much anticipated memoir that started with a 2012 essay. 

The Committed is by Viet Thanh Nguyen. It will be published on March 2nd, so hopefully I will be able to finish reading it by the end of the launch week.  

Viet Thanh Nguyen is the Vietnamese author of The Refugees and The Sympathizer, books I own but have not had a chance to read. So The Committed will be my true entry into his work. I know he is an important writer. 

I also just received Out of the Dark Night: Essays on Decolonization by Achille Mbembe (2021). This will my introduction to his work. I hear he is a big deal in African Literature circles, perhaps even in postcolonial theory (and cultural studies?). I will also share my thoughts on this one, but they will be non-academic, personal ruminations. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of African Languages in African Literature

US Release Date for Nai'ma Robert's 'Far From Home'

Ronasi Fiction Prize for Mototi Ward Primary Schools (Zimbabwe)