African Roar 2012 Cover

Great news! I am happy to announce that Ivor and I have selected and edited the eleven powerful stories that will appear in this anthology. First, see the cover:




African Roar 2012 Table of Contents:


'Sethunya Likes Girls Better' - Wame Molefhe

'We Ca...n See You' - Abdul Adan

'How Nnedi Got Her Curved Spine' - Nnedi Okorafor

'Soldiers of the Stone' - Uko Bendi Udo

'The Revenge of Kamalaza Mayele' - Vukani G. Nyirenda

'The Colours of Silence' - Ifesinachi Okoli-Okpagu

'Sheltering Hearts' - Gothataone Moeng

'You Smile' - Chika Onyenezi

'A Mouse Amongst Men' - Ivor W. Hartmann

'The Shady Taxi Driver' - Hana Njau-Okolo

'Bottle' - Dawn PromislowSee More


And now, see where the cover picture came from:


This his is in Chishamba, a village on the Chivi side of Runde. On the other side is the Manhivi/Mototi village, where I grew up. Growing up where I did means I saw this feature everyday. Then I was gone, for eighteen years...when I went back to Mototi in August, I made it a point to walk by this place, to capture many images from different angles; it was as if I was seeing it for the first time. I just dont know its name though--I dont think I ever did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of African Languages in African Literature

US Release Date for Nai'ma Robert's 'Far From Home'

Ronasi Fiction Prize for Mototi Ward Primary Schools (Zimbabwe)