Zanele Rachoene: South African Poet


To the New South Africa, We Go 

The struggle has just begun
The struggle to stay alive.
Codesa I, Codesa II, The Peace Accord…
The list is endless. 

But what do you know,
                          With this God-forsaken country…
You never know what happens next.
The Massacres, Cell Deaths, Brutal Muti Killings…
Are the order of the day 

This despicable disrespect for human life
Is unfortunate yet inevitable.
What’s there left is to hope,
To hope that someday we’ll all wake up,
To the new South Africa.


For Mother


Your presence alone meant a lot of comfort
Warmth and love.
But above all
Assurance that things would be done.
Your love remains enigma.
When I fell you were there to pick me up.
When in pain
I always came running, running to you. 

For as long as I can remember
There’s always been you
To wipe the tears away.
When time came for me to go
And if things went wrong
I always came running, running to you
For comfort in your arms.
Now you are gone , there is no place to go.
Somehow your name has to live on.



If you would like to feature your work here, email it to manu@munyori.com. Works featured here will be considered for publication in Munyori Literary Journal.

Comments

Maria said…
WoW, I am speechless. Your words of encougement wow. Keep it up mme. I am looking up to you. You made me proud.Maria Mpofu.

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla