Ruzvidzo Mupfudza Featured in Rattlesnake Review

I just picked up my copy of the Rattlesnake Review 23 at the Book Collector. I was waiting for this one since it carries my poem, but as I was looking for the poem (which is on page 49), I was pleased to see poems by Zimbabwean poets Tinashe Muchuri and Julius Chingono (on page 48), and right on the next page from where mine was, there was a two-page spread of Ruzvidzo Stanley Mupfudza's work!

I know Mupfudza very well, from our University of Zimbabwe days, and he is my friend on Facebook where we chat sometimes. It's amazing how things are connecting in this internet world, but I am most impressed by the growing poetic connection between Sacramento and Harare. They are fast becoming poetic sister cities.

In issue 22, Rattlesnake Review guest featured Tinashe Muchuri, another good friend of mine in the writing world. These two are well-connected writers in Zimbabwe, so it is likely that Rattlesnake may see an upsurge in submissions from Zimbabwe. And that's good, because Zim writers are speaking, now that the media is quieter on the "Zimbabwean situation". The emotions have tranquilized, and the art is emerging, and what we are reading is just a taste of a lot more to come. This I know for a fact...

Congratulations to the Zimbabwean poets appearing on the pages of this wonderful Northen California journal. Great job Kathy Kieth at Rattlesnake for reaching far and wide in your search for artistic talent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla