The Boy Next Door Trailer

Comments

Jonathan Masere said…
That is a very interesting interview by Ms Sabatini, so much so that I am inclined to buy her book. I may not have the time to read it, though. I have a surfeit of books I am reading, one for each room I use.

Now, Irene's talks about Geneva and how her story crystallized once she had taken up residence make her observation interesting. I have heard this before. This reminds me of the recently deceased William F. Buckley Jr, whose political commentaries I enjoyed. He was a famous American writer and publisher of the rightwing magazine, The National Review. Buckley used to go to Switzerland to write his books. Within weeks he would be back in New York with a complete manuscript.

Similarly, when Mark Twain visited Switzerland, he wrote a whole raft of short stories, the best of which is The Mysterious Stranger.

There is something about the air or water in Switzerland, do you reckon? I think I will take my next vacation to Switzerland and see what comes out of.

There is something gracious about Ms Sabatini. That alone earns her my deep respect. All in all, I am very happy for Irene and I wish her all the best of luck.
Yes, Jay. It's an informative trailer.

Watch this space for more info; Munyori Journal will be interviewing Irene soon.
m said…
this sounds like the kind of story Zimbabwe needs, a human story in the midst of all the chaos, and i'm glad, and grateful, that irene is also writing race, coz we need that. i'll wait for winter before I can try finding this book :) sounds like a great read...and i'm just loving this sista as a person by the way...and j. is right...she exudes grace that is beautiful to behold in a teller of stories.

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla