New African Poetry Channel Created on You Tube

Mark Lilleleht has created an African poetry channel on You Tube. Already he has posted 17 videos, which include over four Zimbabwean poets. Here, in part, is a message Mark posted on his blog:

There must be a better way, and there is certainly more out there than is dreamed of in the YouTube-iverse, but in hopes of broadcasting to a wider audience (I am becoming, I feel, something of an evangelist), I've put together an African poetry channel on YouTube.

It will be slow going, for sure, and I still have to figure out the best way to capitalize on what YouTube offers, but as I'm working through all that you can help: send along links to clips you find of your favorite poet or just send along the names of new (and established -- I know I've used "old" repeatedly...) poets and I'll search for them too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla