If You Thought I was Not an Artist

Click on image.

When I was little I was fascinated by mountain ranges, so my art always featured them. Mountains on a clear day, mountains in fog, mountains above which rain clouds were gathering. This piece, which I did in a dentist's office sometime in 1997 and has the title "Where we watch TV/Like We're in Town", resulted from my recollection of a time when some Zimbabwean villages were beginning to receive town-like amenities, powered by solar panels. One family (our rural neighbors) managed to get solar panels, bought a TV, and when I left the village, they were figuring out how to get a signal on that TV. But the bragging is all one remembers: this thing about "watching TV like we're in town."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla