At 805 Posts We Are Just Getting Started.

I started this blog in August 2007, with the intention of just recording occasional thoughts which would eventually amount to what I imagined would be a wealth of ideas. Looking back, I can see that I have done more than just record some thoughts. I have covered a wide range of issues; I have joined debates about literature, and I have interviewed key contemporary African writers.

Now, I am dreaming again. Dreaming of expansion, but in a more collaborative way. I am going to invite some bloggers, writers, journalists and poets to share this space, to share their ideas in a way consistent with the concept of a wealth of ideas.

Very soon (most likely this week, on March 7), I am going to start an African radio hour which focuses on writers and writing. I will be drawing much of my information from blogosphere, and from interviewing the writers and some key readers of African literature. Wealth of Ideas will become a companion website of the radio program, either supplying some of the information I will talk about, or recording what what happens during the radio hour.

I see growth and would like to embrace it. This is the time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a beautiful way for us to interact. a truly noble idea

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of African Languages in African Literature

US Release Date for Nai'ma Robert's 'Far From Home'

Ronasi Fiction Prize for Mototi Ward Primary Schools (Zimbabwe)