Emmanuel Hove Mhike of Chisiya Writers Club Interviews Himself




Who are you?*

That's a tricky question. I was born Emmanuel Hove Mhike but I think I'm just a crazy Prince, Prince of Mazvihwa.

Why do you write?

Writing is my life blood. I think the pen inhales the cabon dioxide I exhales and I inhales the oxygen it exhales :)

How do you write?

My writing is inspired by events. I do not think deeper. I write about my everyday experiences.

Does it pays to be a writer in Zimbabwe?

No, you pay to be a writer in Zimbabwe. Writers are living in abject poverty. The whole arts sector is languishing.

What can be done?

Writers, we are agents of change. Zim politics is the culprit. We don't need violence, Pen is mightier than the gun!

Do you enjoy writing?

Absolutely! I live to write. I enjoy readers' comments, complaints and complements

What can you say about your poems?


Here is the Universal remedy. This universe needs some healing, it is suffering from dangerous but curable diseases such as corruption, civil wars, human trafficking, social injustice, ecological and cultural erosion, climate change, dictatorship...

Who inspired you and who are your favorite Zimbabwean writers?

Got the inspiration from Emmanuel Sigauke. I love and like Shimmer Chinodya, Charles Mungoshi, Tsitsi Dangarebwa, Memory Chirere and above them all the late Dambudzo Marechera!

Which Zim budding Writers do you think have a great future?

Everyday I interact with some fantastic budding writers mainly from our Writers' Club, Chisiya Writers' Club. I read and enjoy creative works from young crazy writers like Talent Cement, Stanley Mushava, Simbarashe Chirikure, Rumbidzai Mubirira, Lizzy, Neo, Shingi Manyengavana, Irvine Muzondo, Melusi Makumbirofa, Mupisa, Matindike, Loveness Makuwaza, Dean the poet, Abel Mauchi, Jonathan, Tinashe, Munyori Kudzi...

What is the title of the poem anthology book you are about to publish?


Book of nonsense

Book of nonsense? Why?

I didn't came up with the title myself, my relatives and friends did. They all thought what I was busy doing was nonsense. Like many people in my country or should I say continent, writing is not considered a profession worth taking. We, writers we are regarded as mad people busy writing nonsense.

Your last words to the world?

The world is all about others.
Like a fish out of water, you can't survive without others. Do everything with others in mind.
LOVE ONE ANOTHER!
LONG LIVE OUR SHARED PLANET!

Emmanuel Hove Mhike ©02/07/2017
princeemmanuel1987@yahoo.com

Comments

Unknown said…
Good luck musaigwa! Knowing the passion with which you live I am looking forward to some really good Nonsense from you...

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla