African Roar 2012 Cover

Great news! I am happy to announce that Ivor and I have selected and edited the eleven powerful stories that will appear in this anthology. First, see the cover:




African Roar 2012 Table of Contents:


'Sethunya Likes Girls Better' - Wame Molefhe

'We Ca...n See You' - Abdul Adan

'How Nnedi Got Her Curved Spine' - Nnedi Okorafor

'Soldiers of the Stone' - Uko Bendi Udo

'The Revenge of Kamalaza Mayele' - Vukani G. Nyirenda

'The Colours of Silence' - Ifesinachi Okoli-Okpagu

'Sheltering Hearts' - Gothataone Moeng

'You Smile' - Chika Onyenezi

'A Mouse Amongst Men' - Ivor W. Hartmann

'The Shady Taxi Driver' - Hana Njau-Okolo

'Bottle' - Dawn PromislowSee More


And now, see where the cover picture came from:


This his is in Chishamba, a village on the Chivi side of Runde. On the other side is the Manhivi/Mototi village, where I grew up. Growing up where I did means I saw this feature everyday. Then I was gone, for eighteen years...when I went back to Mototi in August, I made it a point to walk by this place, to capture many images from different angles; it was as if I was seeing it for the first time. I just dont know its name though--I dont think I ever did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla