Weaver Press (Zimbabwe) to Launch "Writing Free"


I am excited about the upcoming launch of "Writing Free" in Harare on September 19 at Da Eros (86 East Road, Belgravia), from 5:30 - 7:00 PM. Published by Weaver Press and edited by Irene Staunton, the book features short stories by writers like Petina Gappah, Ignatius Mabasa, Tendai Huchu, NoViolet Bulawayo, Ambrose Musiyiwa, Christopher Mlalazi, Fungisayi Sasa, Blessing Musariri and others. I have a story in there as well, and I am happy about it.

My story, entitled "African Wife", opens a new chapter in my writing; it is set in the USA and introduces one of the many Diaspora issues my new stories are exploring. I am excited too because of company of writers I have in that collection, and because of the fact that it's a book being published in Zimbabwe... it feels like writing a letter (maybe an email) back home. Working with editor Irene Staunton by email was a wonderful experience.

Comments

Unknown said…
Congratulations, Emmanuel, can't wait to read it!
Na'ima
Myne said…
Sounds like the kind of book I'll love to read. Hope it will be widely available.
Thanks Na'ma. Hope you will be able to get a copy soon.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thank Myne...I too look forward to reading the rest of the stories in it.
ImageNations said…
Congrats Emmanuel. It's always a dream to have one's work published. It showed some level of acceptance.

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla