Introducing Carla Badillo Coronado, a poet from Ecuador

On February 4 I reported that Ignatius Mabasa (one of the leading contemporary Zimbabwean writers and a friend of mine) would be reading Shona poetry at the San Francisco Intenational Poetry Festival. Well, now I would like to report that Carla Badillo Coronado, a poet and dancer from Eduador, South America, will be featured at the same festival. This is an international festival, and a really good one for Northen California, which is put together by the city of San Franciso, the San Fransico Poet Laureate, and the Friends of the San Francisco library.

Carla Coronado, who has agreed to participate in an interview with me, is one of the poets from 15 different countries to gather in San Francisco July 23 to 27.

Describing her role at the festival, Coronado said, "I will carry the voices of my ancestors with me, and also I will dance in the Festival (traditional dance from the Andes)".

Plans are under way to bring both Mabasa and Badillo to the Sacramento Poetry Center in July.

The brief interview with Carla Coronado will be featured on this blog in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla