Marechera Celebration Full Schedule Now On-Line

Quite a few of my friends will be presenting papers during the Dambudzo Marechera celebration at Oxford University. The main question so far has been, "Are you going to go and present something too?" I am not going to present; in fact, I am not going, but I have in mind the early wish of organising an event like that in the United States. That being said, I am happy that this event is taking place at Oxford; it's a great honour for Marechera and a happy moment for his readers and proteges.

Two books will be launched at the event: Dambudzo Marechera's House of Hunger as published by Ayebia, and Brian Chikwava's Harare North. I will follow the events of the two-day conference closely, and will post on this blog related things (don't know what those things are yet).

So here is a link to the full schedule: Dambudzo Marechera: A Celebration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla