Do You Google Yourself? Well, You Better

Most people do it; one in a while they go to the Google search window and type their names. I could be curiosity, to see if someone has mentioned them, or just for fun because nearly everyone does it. Just do it; "google thyself", says blogger Straight from Hel , who has an aggressive approach to social networking. She is writing a series of articles on the benefits of networking for writers, and is an advocate for widening the web of networks:

You want to know where you’re being talked about or where others have linked to you. Why? So you can go visit them. So you can include them in your blog roll. So you track how you’re doing on your social networking quest.

Comments

Rob Abdul said…
My name "Rob Abdul" for the last 3 years has been my brand name.

I was so proud when my name appeared in Goggle's suggestive list.

It may not sound like much but at least 60 to 80 people goggle me a month.

It is nice for the Ego, I must admit!

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla