New Issue of Munyori Poetry Journal

"Quite often I write poetry to help me discharge of some powerful emotion that will have gripped me as a response to an event in my life. My poetry writing is a kind of
emotional catharsis and I use it usually to work off negative energy from painful emotions. However sometimes I will also have an overwhelmingly beautiful moment that I want to capture in words or just a weird experience that I want to explore and better understand. I find that poetry is the best medium for me to express myself at such times", says J. Tsitsi Mutiti in the latest issue of Munyori Poetry Journal.

This issue feature twenty poets: Luis Berriozabal, R. K. Bhushan, the award-winning Wendy Carlisle, Laura Cavanagh, Jeff Ensley, Clint Frakes, Frank D. Graham, Dustin Junket, Kimiko Kelton, Sukrita Paul Kumar, Cosmas Mairosi, and others. The editor of One Ghana, One Voice is featured in an interview section of the journal, and he shares very useful information about contemporary Ghanaian poetry.

Munyori's international perspective continues to grow, and I am thinking of turning it into a multi-genre literary journal. I will soon be looking for contributing editors in poetry, fiction, essay, and interviews. As the web site grows, it will also need volunteering web designers. Contact me at manu@munyori.com if you are interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abuja Writers' Forum Call for Submissions

Roland Mhasvi's Flowers

FREEDOM, a poem on South Africa by Afzal Moolla